Friday, April 18, 2008

Yummy Chicken Croquettes!

So, I haven't written on here in forever... OK, so it's been since I started this thing, but I have decided to come back and post a favorite recipe or two. This one is Chicken Croquettes. I got the recipe from a friend's mom when I stayed at their house, but I've modified it a little to fit my tastes.

I started by cubing up some chicken. I added that to a pan with a tablespoon of canola oil and threw some lemon pepper on it to taste.





















Next, while that was cooking, I got a few of the other ingredients out.


















While the chicken continued to cook, I opened and drained the mushrooms and cut up the spinach. To cut the spinach, I bunch it up into a small roll or compacted mound and used a sharp vegetable cleaver to cut the spinach into short ribbons.


















By the time I was done doing all of that, the chicken was finished cooking. So, I drained the chicken and then poured it into a bowl. I put 3/4 of a 8oz. box of cream cheese in with it.


















Next, I added the mushrooms...



















And the spinach!



















And mixed them all together.



















At this point, I have a hard time not dipping into the bowl to taste it! It looks so yummy already!!! I set that mixture aside and prep the rest of the ingredients.

I open the crescent rolls and lay them out on the cutting board, then I melt about 3 Tablespoons of butter in a small dish and pour a 50/50 mixture of Italian bread crumbs and plain bread crumbs. If you use straight Italian bread crumbs I think it makes it too salty.




















I spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray and another smaller dish (here I've used a pie pan) to cook the overflows.



















I spoon the mixture onto one of the crescent rolls while I hold it in my hand, then wrap it gently; pinching the seams together.


















































































I roll it in the melted butter and then in the crumbs and space them about as you would for cookies (a dozen per cookie sheet).



















My daughter wanted to help here with this part.
























Once they're all ready, you place them into a 400 degree oven and cook them for about 12 - 15 minutes, or until they're golden brown on top. These are so yummy! ENJOY!!!



















Ingredients:

2 or 3 Chicken breast halves
1 Tbs. Canola Oil
Lemon Pepper (to taste)
5 to 6 oz. Cream Cheese
1 small can of Mushrooms
1/3 to 1/3 bag Baby Spinach
3-4 Tbs. Butter (melted)
1/3 Cup Italian Bread Crumbs
1/3 Cup Plain Bread Crumbs
Cooking Spray

Keep on cookin'!

7 comments:

tearese said...

I'm sorry your pictures got messed up, but you make it look good anyway! Lets have this for dinner again tomorrow. Yay!

Joseph said...

LOL! Are you serious? Is that why you suggested that next time we make it a double batch?

Alycia said...

I have a recipe kind of like that, but that looks way better! I'll have to keep checking back for yummy recipes. :)

Kara said...

Mmmm! Those look good!

Joseph said...

Alycia, you'll find more coming soon. I've got a banana bread recipe that will be coming up shortly that is very delicious and easy to make!

Thanks Kara! Tearese and everyone else really enjoyed them!

KieraAnne said...

I love those! I've never made them 'cuz I thought they sounded like too much trouble, but you make it look really easy. We'll have to buy that stuff next time we're at the store. :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmm.... I made these today. They're great! The spinach looks so pretty~

Thanks for posting.